Tracey Gordon is the main character of Chewing Gum. In her strive for sexual intercourse, she sought out methods on how to engage in a guy.
Tracey Gordon grew up on the estate and lives with her fundamentalist Christian mother and overbearing sister. After ending her relationship with Ronald, she aims to find her sexual identity with the help of her estate community. Tracey's ethnic origin is most likely West African.
Quirky and silly
- Joy Gordon (mother) -
- Cynthia Gordon (sister) - The two have been fairly close with one another, though Cynthia has proven herself to be more devoted to their mother's religious teachings than the other. After walking in on Tracey and Connor's attempted sexual encounter at a house party, their relationship slowly altered, Cynthia despising Tracey for committing the sin of lust. Though curiosity eventually came to her as well, Cynthia and Tracey kept to themselves over their respective sex exploration. Their strain also came to be when it is discovered that Tracey was dating Connor and had ended things with Ronald without telling her mother.
The separation led to the family shunning Tracey, even while she tries to safe her from heartbreak by Ronald, once Tracey concluded that her previous relationship failed because he was gay.
- Boy Tracey (cousin) - At a young age, Tracey and Boy Tracey have had a close friendship that would make many perceive them as best friend. Some point in their childhood, the two had shared one kiss; their relationship is strained greatly when Boy Tracey tried to engage in intercourse. He has also shown a jealosity towards Connor.
- Ronald (ex-boyfriend) - Tracey and Ronald had dated for some time. Her mother Joy had shown an extreme liking to him for being of the same faith as the family. Though they had honored to preserve themselves until marriage, Tracey gradually became infatuated with the idea of sex, which eventually drive the two apart, Ronald demonizing her for possessing lustful desires. When the two break up, he sought Tracey's younger sister Cynthia but confessed to being a homosexual.
- Connor Jones (ex-boyfriend) - Having encountered him outside their flat, Tracey gradually engaged him in small talk. Meeting at a house party, they attempt a sexual encounter. Since, the two have been meeting and becoming more and more sexual with each other. Eventually, however, Conner became unbearable to handle and after an unexpected house visit, Tracey breaks things off with him. They reconciled when both were kicked out by their respective mothers and lived in a homeless shelter. Once more, they tried to reboot their sexual relationship but split again. Now dating someone else, the two have made awkward interactions in their endeavor to stay good friends.
- Candice (best friend) - Tracey and Candice have been close friends since childhood; on her sixth birthday, Candice gave half her presents to Tracey, telling Esther that "Ugly girls need presents more" and "Me and Tracey are part of each other, Nan, so it's her birthday, too." Candice is far more sexually experienced than Tracey and is usually Tracey's first recourse when she needs sex advice (which is often). Neither is afraid to confront the other if she makes a mistake or does something wrong. The two sometimes fight and refuse to talk to each other, but always return to being best friends in the end.
- Esther - Esther is Candice's grandmother, which means that she is also Tracey's grandmother for all intents and purposes. She is very comfortable with her sexuality, talking openly about her sex life, and offers Tracey advice in that area when necessary.
- Aaron - While Candice and Esther primarily give Tracey sexual advice, Aaron tends to give emotional advice regarding her relationship with Connor, telling her "Don't be there primarily as a function or a role." Tracey enlists him to prove to Cynthia that Ronald is gay in hopes that this will lead her break the engagement.
- Ola - Ola becomes Tracey's substitute best friend when she and Candice fall out, and they continue to be close when Tracey and Candice make up. He is very helpful to Tracey, setting up a fake Facebook page so she can convince Connor she has moved on and is dating Stormzy and pretending to be sick so that she can "heal" him and show her mother she has returned to Jesus. When Candice tells Tracey she cannot come visit Aaron's parents with her because "three's a bit of a crowd," Tracey invites Ola to come so that they can be a "proper crowd."
- Karly Raven and Kristy Raven -
|Chewing Gum Characters|
|Tracey Gordon • Ronald • Cynthia Gordon • Candice • Esther • Connor Jones • Aaron • Joy Gordon • Mandy Jones • Karly Raven • Kristy Raven • Ola • Emma • Keys • Andy • Rashad • Leisha • Rick Edwards • Dr. Mubashira • Meisha • Noah • Sebastian • Henry • Sasha • Doreen • Jethro • Peter • Magdalene • Amy|